My wife, an HU citizen, and I will relocate from the USA to Budapest in April 2015. In addition to connecting with others for dialogue and fellowship, I am seeking employment opportunities in cross-cultural Human Resources (I will obtain my own work permit).
I am seeking an employee relations position that helps an international or consular organization implement policies and projects that enhance employee retention and satisfaction, productivity, and hiring and training processes. I also want to help my employer better understand and manage human resources across cultural barriers (facilitating cultural, regulatory, and language obstacles).
My success in these endeavors will be in part due to my MBA in both international business and human capital management, extensive experience as a manager, resourceful technology use, and intuitive organizational development talents. I also add a distinctive personality, contagious positive attitude, and insatiable passions for languages and culture to build and maintain constructive relationships.
- Over 10 years in strategic management experience
- Over 8 years of employee relations experience
- MBA with concentrations in both Human Capital Management and International Business
- Intuitive organizational analysis and process development skills
- Advanced multitasking and technology abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and writing talents
- Fluency in French and English with elementary Spanish, Romanian, and Bulgarian
- Over 20 years of contribution to local cultural groups / communities and philanthropies
- Eligible to work as a US citizen and in Europe as the spouse of an EU / EEA / Schengen citizen
Self-motivated, resourceful, and multilingual employee relations / human capital specialist with extensive experience and solid academic background in human capital management, international business, and information systems; excellent communicator with strong leadership skills and ability to build cohesive, productive teams; areas of expertise include:
Corporate Payroll Services, Norcross, GA
Director of Special Projects, July 2013 – Mar 2015
- Worked directly for the President and heavily integrated into every department and branch; provided organizational analysis and shaped raw ideas into effectively implemented, strategic initiatives.
- Conducted employee engagement analysis, operations auditing, and process development.
- Created psychometric and operational assessments, increasing job candidate quality and ensuring proper human capital allocation.
- Designed, implemented, and administered online application / résumé management and job posting HRIS systems.
- Provided ongoing training for new products, hiring approaches, and management strategies.
- Served as corporate coach, implementing the Franklin Covey "Four Disciplines of Execution" (4DX) approach to goal-oriented, lean operations.
- Administered the time and attendance management system (sales, support, and training).
Fire Consulting International, Inc., Merriam, KS (telecommute)
Operations and Development Manager, Oct 2010 – Dec 2012
- Created a multi-million dollar startup division; served as sole architect of the operations platforms; and provided comprehensive management and execution.
- Managed all human resources, marketing, contract negotiation, and operations.
- Developed and secured a multi-million dollar contract within the first 12 months.
- Conducted in-depth budget/financial analysis for new clients and marketing purposes.
- Single-handedly designed and implemented an industry-leading operations software suite.
- Served as primary contact for all client and vendor relations.
Self Employed / Temporary, Atlanta, GA
Freelance Management Consultant and Website Designer, June 2006 – Oct 2010
- Provided consulting services for employee assessment, strategic management, organizational development, and information systems.
- Designed and implemented operations manuals, standard operating procedures, fundraising, and training/education programs for non-profits, specializing in children and veteran affairs.
- Conducted peer review, content editing, and Website/graphic design to improve marketing and communication for various domestic and international clients.
Fire Consulting International, Inc., Merriam, KS
MIS Manager, Apr 2001 – June 2006
- Planned, directed, and administered information management and technology, company-wide.
- Designed, installed, and maintained all computer and telephone networks.
- Hired, trained, and managed technical contractors, vendors, and employees.
- Provided technical expertise during corporate dissolution and startup of a new company.
- Conducted ongoing training, project management, and Website design independently through 2010.
Bellevue University, Bellevue, NE
- MBA, Concentrations in Human Capital Management and International Business, Nov 2014 (EQF Level 7)
- BS in Business Information Systems, Jan 2006 (EQF level 6)
- Gold-level "WorkReady" Certification by ACT (2013)
- Microsoft Certified Professional: Support and Troubleshooting (2008)
VOLUNTEER / COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Masters Masonic Lodge # 295, F&AM
Past Master and Ambassador, July 1996 – Present
- Provide leadership, public relations, fundraising, membership coordination, and admin. services.
- Contribute technical and public relations expertise to the Georgia Child Identification Program.
- Authored and implemented standard operating procedures, by-laws, and operations manuals for the appendant "air ambulance" units of Yaarab Shrine Center and the International Shrine Aviation Association.
- Awards include Chaplain's Leadership Award (2012), School of Instruction Excellence (2012), Mason of the Year (2007 and 2013), Perpetual Membership (2013), and Honorary Multi-Lodge Membership (2013 and 2014).
Alliance Française d'Atlanta and Atlanta Greek Festival
Cultural Advocate and Assistant, Oct 2006 – Mar 2015
- Promote adult education and provide cultural advocacy, public relations, fundraising, sales, and vendor assistance services at a variety of festivals and events.
|Computer Skills:||Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint), HTML, PHP, and Photoshop|
|Language Skills:||Fluent in French and English; beginning Spanish and Romanian (Hungarian to soon follow)|
|Licensure:||U.S. Private Pilot License|
|Work Eligibility:||U.S. citizen; eligible to reside and work in Europe as the spouse of an EU / EEA / Schengen citizen|
|Affiliations:||Society for Human Resource Management, World Chamber of Commerce, French American Chamber of Commerce, Alliance Française, Swiss American Society, Goethe-Zentrum German Cultural Center, Aircraft Owners and Pilot's Association, Experimental Aircraft Association, Freemasons, and Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago|