I am multilingual and have recently completed a Masters Degree in International Human Capital (human development, relations, and engagement in global, multicultural markets) in the USA. I am presently on a pan-European sabbatical to gain experience with new languages / cultures and to obtain my Teaching English as Foreign Language (TEFL) and Certificate in Teaching Business English (CTBE) certifications. I also believe that this career-enhancement sabbatical will recharge my creative thinking and renew my energy, making way for fresh levels of productivity and dedication in my endeavors.
Upon successful completion of my certificate programs, I look forward to gaining experience as a teacher in the European Union as well as offering freelance language coaching and cultural advocacy services to companies and individuals. Long term, I would like to be an in-house, cross-cultural teacher / trainer / coach for an international or consular organization. I am eligible to reside and work in Europe as the spouse of an EU / EEA / Schengen citizen (no sponsorship required).
Self-motivated, resourceful, and multilingual human development specialist with extensive experience and increasing emphasis on training and education. Masters Degree in International Human Capital. Excellent communicator with strong leadership and technology skills. Natural ability to build and direct cohesive, productive groups.
Objective: Apply education, experience, and linguistic talents to assist, encourage, and motivate others. Develop and demonstrate progressive, global communication skills, attitudes, and professional ability in both others as well as myself. Expand upon existing practices to implement innovative, contemporary curricula and resources. Merge enthusiasm and talent into kinetic human possibility.
- Specialties: Human capital development, training / education, human relations, language, writing, process improvement, organizational development, project management, cultural awareness, and international business
- Languages: Fluent in English and French; basic Spanish, Romanian, and Bulgarian (presently learning Hungarian)
- US citizen; EU Blue Card applicant; eligible to reside and work in Europe as the spouse of an EU / EEA / Schengen citizen
- Open to travel and relocation
Career-enhancement sabbatical in Europe, Mar 2015 – Present
- Gain experience with new languages / cultures.
- Obtain certifications in Teaching English as Foreign Language (TEFL) and Certificate in Teaching Business English (CTBE).
Corporate Payroll Services, Norcross, GA
Director of Special Projects, July 2013 – Mar 2015
- Conducted employee engagement analysis, operations auditing, and process development.
- Provided expertise and training for new product development, talent acquisition, and strategic management initiatives.
- Implemented psychometric assessments to enhance job candidate quality and employee allocation.
- Served as corporate coach, implementing the Franklin Covey "Four Disciplines of Execution" (4DX) approach to goal-oriented, lean operations.
- Designed and administered job application and résumé / CV management systems (HRIS).
- Administered proprietary time and attendance management system (sales, support, and training).
Fire Consulting International, Inc., Merriam, KS (telecommute)
Operations and Development Manager, Oct 2010 – Dec 2012
- Created and managed multi-million dollar startup division (first major contract within three months).
- Served as sole architect of industry-leading operations software suite (PHP, HTML, and MySQL).
- Directed all human resources, marketing, contract negotiation, and operations.
- Conducted in-depth budget/financial analysis for new clients and marketing.
- Served as primary contact for all client and vendor relations.
Self Employed, Atlanta, GA
Freelance Management Consultant and Website Designer, June 2006 – Oct 2010
- Provided project management, organizational development, and information systems consulting.
- Conducted peer review, content editing, Website development, and graphic design services.
- Designed, authored, and implemented operations manuals, standard operating procedures, fundraising programs, and training / education for non-profit organizations.
Fire Consulting International, Inc., Merriam, KS
MIS Manager, Apr 2001 – June 2006
- Designed, installed, and maintained all computer and telephone networks.
- Hired, trained, and managed contractors, vendors, and employees.
- Served as technical expert during corporate dissolution and startup of new companies.
- Provided ongoing training, project management, and Website design independently through 2010.
TEFL Toulouse, Toulouse, France
- Teaching English as Foreign Language (TEFL) Certification, Business English Concentration, Jul 2015
Bellevue University, Bellevue, NE
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in International Human Capital, Nov 2014 (EQF Level 7)
- Bachelors of Science (BS) in Information Systems Management, Jan 2006 (EQF level 6)
VOLUNTEER / COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Alliance Française d'Atlanta and Atlanta Greek Festival
Cultural Advocate and Assistant, Oct 2006 – Mar 2015
- Promote adult education and provide cultural advocacy, public relations, fundraising, sales, and vendor assistance services at a variety of festivals and events.
Masters Masonic Lodge # 295, F&AM
Past Master and Ambassador, July 1996 – Present
- Coordinated public relations, fundraising, administrative, and membership activities.
- Contributed technical and public relations expertise to the Georgia Child Identification Program.
- Authored and implemented operating procedures, by-laws, and manuals for the appendant "air ambulance" units of Yaarab Shrine Center and the International Shrine Aviation Association.
- Awards include Chaplain's Leadership Award (2012), School of Instruction Excellence (2012), Mason of the Year (2007 and 2013), and Perpetual Membership (2013).
|Computer Skills:||Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint), HTML, PHP, and Photoshop|
|Certifications:||Microsoft Certified Professional: Support and Troubleshooting (2008); Gold-level "WorkReady" Certification by ACT (2013); U.S. Private Pilot License (2004)|
|Affiliations:||Society for Human Resource Management, World Chamber of Commerce, French American Chamber of Commerce, Alliance Française, Swiss American Society, Goethe- Zentrum German Cultural Center, Freemasons, and Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association|
|Honors / Awards:||Bellevue University Dean's List, Chaplain's Leadership Award, School of Instruction Excellence, multiple Mason of the Year awards, U.S. Space Academy Graduation Wings, 5th Place in the Concours National de Français, and multiple Scholastic French awards|